Considering a career in residential assisted living real estate? Lindsay McLaughlin, CEO of Optimized Senior Living, joins the show to share her journey of becoming involved in the residential assisted living industry while successfully balancing motherhood and entrepreneurship. She also opens up about her experiences, challenges, and triumphs in the business world.
Listen in to hear Lindsay’s advice on finding your niche in group homes, as well as what to know before getting into real estate. You’ll gain valuable insight for pursuing a career in assisted living or navigating the challenges of finding your feet in real estate, entrepreneurship, and nursing.
Don’t Miss These Highlights:
- How Lindsay became involved in assisted living.
- When she realized the opportunity in real estate.
- How she has overcome the hurdles of being a mother and an entrepreneur.
- The importance of being open to new ideas.
- Why it is always a good idea to know the basics about business before getting into real estate.
- How to get a license for assisted living.
- Lindsay’s advice for finding your niche in group homes.
- Where residential assisted living homes generally get their funding.
- How inflation has impacted Lindsay’s business.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“You learn as you go.” – Lindsay McLaughlin
“Generally, everyone has to get a separate license for every separate home.” – Lindsay McLaughlin
“If you’re open to learning, jump in. Now is the time to start your real estate journey.” – Lindsay McLaughlin
Resources from this episode: