Nurses are natural caregivers with a passion for helping others. However, many are also entrepreneurial spirits who seek to create innovative solutions to problems they encounter in their work. These nurse entrepreneur success stories showcase the drive, creativity, and dedication of nurses who have started their own businesses.
- Kati Kleber, BSN, RN, CCRN: Kati is the founder of FreshRN, which provides education and resources for new nurses. She has also authored several books on nursing and healthcare.
- Dr. Susan O’Malley, DNP, RN- founded the Empowered Nurses organization, a platform that provides resources and support for nurses looking to start their own businesses. The organization offers coaching, training, and mentorship for aspiring nurse entrepreneurs.
- Linda Barba, RN, BSN, MSN- Linda founded Clinical Resources, LLC, a healthcare staffing firm, in 1998. The company specializes in placing travel nurses and other healthcare professionals in temporary positions and places across the country.
- Dr. Renee Thompson, DNP, RN- Renee founded Healthy Workforce Institute, a company that provides coaching and training for healthcare professionals. The institute focuses on improving communication, teamwork, and employee engagement in healthcare settings.
- Kori Hintz-Bohn, RN, BSN- founded Home Care Connectors, a company that provides in-home care services for elderly and disabled individuals. The company also provides caregiver training and support to family members.
- Jo Anne Jenkins, RN, MSN, FAAN- she established the National Nursing Network Organization, a nonprofit advocacy group that focuses on promoting nurse-led healthcare initiatives and improving healthcare policies.
- Heather Von St. James, RN: Heather is the founder of Mesothelioma Warriors, which provides support and resources for those affected by mesothelioma. She was inspired to start the business after surviving the disease herself.
- Holly Hester-Reilly, RN: Holly is the founder of H2R Product Science, a consulting firm that helps businesses create products that meet customer needs. She uses her nursing background to bring a unique perspective to product development and ideation.
- Kate Ryder, RN: Kate is the founder of Maven, a telemedicine platform that connects patients with healthcare providers. She was inspired to start the business after experiencing the challenges of accessing healthcare as a new mother.
- Rachel Walker, PhD, RN- founded the Ignite Healthcare Network, a nonprofit organization that provides resources and support for nurse entrepreneurs. The network offers mentorship, funding opportunities, and education for aspiring nurse entrepreneurs.
These success stories demonstrate that nurses can use their skills and expertise to create successful businesses that improve patient care and support their communities. However, starting a business can be challenging, especially for those with little experience in entrepreneurship. Fortunately, there are many resources and support networks available for nurse entrepreneurs
One of the best resources for nurse entrepreneurs is NursePrenuers. We provide business support, networking opportunities, and resources for nurses who want to start or grow their own businesses. We also offer mentorship and guidance to help new entrepreneurs navigate the challenges of starting a business.
There are many nurse entrepreneurs out there that are leaving the bedside and finding immense success by starting their own business–and you can too!
At NursePrenuers, we are here to guide you through the process of setting up your business so you can have an amazing nurse entrepreneur success story too! Get in touch with us to book a discovery call and learn more about finding immense success as a nurse entrepreneur.