Dehydration is a common health issue amongst several patient populations. But individuals in poor health are not the only ones that can benefit from IV hydration therapy.
Every day nurses are leaving the bedside to start their own IV hydration businesses. As IV therapy increases in popularity, more and more individuals are turning to IV therapy nurses to feel better, look better, and have more energy.
IV hydration businesses are particularly popular amongst the athletic community, as certain drips have been known to help boost athletic performance and enhance muscle recovery.
Other groups that have jumped on the IV hydration trend are health conscious populations that want to improve physical beauty, partiers looking for a quick hangover fix, travelers hoping to quickly reverse the impact of jet lag, and other healthy individuals that need a pick-me-up.
With the increased interest in IV hydration therapy comes the void for IV hydration business. But the some harrowing questions remain:
- What are the benefits of IV hydration?
- How to become an IV hydration nurse?
- Why do you need to start an IV hydration business?
- What are the most popular drips?
In this article we are going to clear up confusion for prospective IV therapy nurses by addressing the above questions and offering practical guidance when starting your own IV hydration business.
What Are the Benefits of IV Therapy?
The beauty of starting an IV hydration business lies in the fact that IV hydration can benefit nearly anyone.
The benefits of IV hydration therapy greatly depend on the specific drip cocktail that is administered. Depending on the specific treatment, IV hydration can yield a wide range of health benefits which include but are not limited to:
- Increased Hydration– It may come as no surprise that the main benefit of IV hydration therapy is to provide hydration. By reversing the impact of dehydration, IV hydration nurses administer drip treatments that contain normal saline or lactated ringers that rehydrate the cells.
- Enhanced Energy– The essential vitamins and nutrients that are packed into drip treatments can provide enhanced energy that gives clients the get and go they need to tackle the long day ahead.
- Mental Clarity– Depending on the drip ingredients provided by IV therapy nurses, certain drips offered by hydration businesses can provide clients with mental clarity and improved focus.
- Skin Health– Beauty drip treatments often contain Biotin which can improve the health of your skin. Biotin has also been known to help improve the health of hair and nails.
- Muscle Recovery– Certain drips contain vitamins that can aid in muscle recovery. This is ideal for individuals recovering from surgery or athletes that want to recover quickly after a long workout or athletic competition.
- Immune Function– Immunity drips contain essential vitamins that boost immune function. This drip is ideal during cold & flu season and can be used to boost immunity after long overseas trips.
- Toxin Flush– Did you know that proper hydration is essential to flushing toxins out of your vital organs? With this in mind, IV hydration nurses help their clients keep their organs healthy with IV hydration drip treatments.
Depending on the specific drip treatment, IV hydration can provide your body with a wide range of health benefits. IV therapy nurses should provide information on the benefits of each of their selected drip treatments.
Read on to learn more about some of the most popular IV drips offered by hydration businesses.
Top 5 Most Popular Drips
When it comes to IV hydration drips, the sky’s the limit. All that IV therapy nurses have to do is start with a normal saline solution and start making vitamin cocktails. Of course, there are a few rules that IV hydration nurses need to follow when making drips, but the principle still stands.
In addition to a basic hydration cocktail, which is just a normal saline or lactated ringers drip, there are several popular drip treatments that almost all successful IV hydration businesses offer, which include:
- Athletic Drip- One of the most popular IV hydration cocktail blends is an athletic blend. Ideal for enhancing athletic performance and muscle recovery, athletic drips can be administered before or after physical activity. Certain IV hydration businesses choose to advertise their services in gyms or at athletic events to specifically target athletes.
- Beauty Drip- Beauty drips are Biotin rich blends that help to smooth out wrinkles, rehydrate tired skin, and enhance the health of hair, skin, and nails. Drips that address beauty are popular choices for medspas and special events such as bachelorette parties, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. IV therapy nurses starting their own businesses would be smart to offer group discounts for special IV hydration events.
- Myers’ Cocktail- Modeled after John Myers, the Myers’ Cocktail is a vitamin and nutrient rich blend that not only aids in overall health maintenance and wellness, but may be effective in treating chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, acute muscle spasm, cardiovascular disease, seasonal allergies, chronic sinusitis, and fibromyalgia, to name a few.
- Hangover Drip- The hangover drip cocktail is a popular IV hydration service that can be administered when clients are suffering from hangovers and other similar hangover symptoms such as dehydration, vomiting, fatigue, headache, and more.
- Immunity Drip- The immunity drip is a special cocktail of essential vitamins and nutrients that help to boost immunity so the body can ward off common colds, flu, and infection. Note that this drip is usually rich in Vitamin C. The immunity drip may also help boost energy.
What Do You Need to Start an IV Hydration Business?
If starting your own IV hydration business seems appealing to you then surely the question, what do you need to start an IV hydration business, applies to you. Depending on the US state in which you are practicing, starting an IV hydration business may be simple or complex.
For example, certain states require an IV hydration nurse to labor under a medical director to administer IV hydration treatments, while others let RNs practice and own their own hydration businesses without physician direction.
If you are an NP or RN that wants to know how to become an IV hydration nurse then you will need to do your research. We recommend seeking the advice of a legal professional to ensure that you are in compliance with state laws.
Furthermore, prospective IV therapy nurses should take classes or courses to learn the IV hydration business trade so they understand all the moving pieces needed to get their hydration businesses off the ground–that’s where we come in!
Starting Your IV Hydration Business
At NursePreneurs we give you a head start when you are starting your IV hydration business by offering you a completed done-for-you service to launch your business. From the early stages of setting up your IV hydration business to website development, legal diligences, and more, we are there for you each step of the way to give you the best start possible when learning exactly how to become an IV hydration nurse.
Want to take a more active role in setting up your business? We can help with that too! Our DIY IV hydration business model provides you with guidance and professional advice when getting your IV hydration business rolling.
Whether you need a little guidance or prefer for us to take the reins, we are here for you! Book a discovery call today to learn how to become an IV therapy nurse with a profitable hydration business.