What if you could take the support of a registered nurse home with you after delivering your baby? That’s the question that inspired Jamie O’Day and Emily Silver to start NAPS, a business that helps new parents thrive in all of their child’s first moments. In this episode, we speak with Emily about her experience starting a business while working and being a mom.
Listen in as she shares her insights on thinking outside the box when it comes to business development and offers valuable advice on how to gain a deep understanding of what people are searching for. Emily emphasizes the importance of spending time working on your business (rather than simply working in it) and highlights the value of using referrals and word of mouth for gaining new clients or patients. Don’t miss hearing her valuable insights on how to start and grow a business that helps people thrive!
Don’t Miss These Highlights:
- Why Emily and Jamie decided to start a business helping new parents.
- The value in thinking outside the box when it comes to business development.
- How to ask the right questions to gain an understanding of what people are searching for.
- The importance of remembering that all you need is an idea to get started on your business.
- Advice for getting new patients or clients when starting a business.
- The value of using referrals and word of mouth for gaining new clients or patients.
- The importance of spending time working on your business (rather than simply working in your business).
- Why good documentation is essential.
- Why it is okay to make mistakes in your business sometimes, as long as you learn from them.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Working on the business and being involved in every aspect helped us to see areas that needed to be better.” – Emily Silver
- “Good documentation is essential.” – Emily Silver
- “You get things in place, and things don’t always go to plan, but you learn quickly.” – Emily Silver
Resources from this episode:
Jamie O’Day and Emily Silver: Website