On this episode of The NursePreneurs Podcast, our guest Tina Baxter talks about her journey becoming a gerontological nurse practitioner and finding her passion in geriatric care and psychiatry. Tina discusses the importance of making connections with people in the community and being involved in community organizations. Tina details her journey in nursing and entrepreneurship, which led her to start the Nurse Shark Academy that provides business expertise to nurses starting out. She also touches on her experience working in the psychiatric unit and emphasizes the crucial nature of understanding why a business exists and what someone really wants out of it.
What You’ll Learn:
- Tina’s journey in nursing, eventually specializing in geriatric psychiatry
- The founding of the Nurse Shark Academy and its focus on startup questions and practical advice on bringing nursing and business expertise together
- The importance of connections with people in the community and being involved in community organizations to build a successful business
- The nursing process as a helpful skill set for entrepreneurship and the suitability of nurses for coaching roles
- The importance of understanding why a business exists and working with individuals to discover what they should do, not telling them what to do.
- Tina Baxter: Linktree