We Sat Down With Dr. Nicole Caillier to Chat About Growing a Healthcare Staffing Firm, and Here’s What We Learned..
If you currently own or have considered owning your own healthcare staffing firm, then you know just how overwhelming the process of establishing your business can be. Like a jigsaw puzzle it can feel like you are left to figure it out on your own and hope for the best.
But what if we told you that you are not in this alone?
You don’t have to go in blind and you don’t have to go through the painstaking process of trial and error to get the right recipe for success.
As a healthcare staffing firm coach, Nicole helps nurses just like you get their business off the ground and navigate the complex world of entrepreneurship through one-on-one mentorship.
Like every nurse entrepreneur Nicole had an ah-ha moment where she finally decided that it was time to go into business herself. But like most ah-ha moments, it was unexpected, and quite frankly, a bit devastating.
After obtaining a high position working as a nurse in the hospital setting, Nicole was unexpectedly handed a pink slip which ultimately changed her life for the better– although it did not feel like it at the time!
As Nicole walked out to the parking lot that day she had to decide if she would keep going down the same path in her career or take a detour and go into business for herself.
We are happy to report that she took the detour and has found immense success as a healthcare staffing mentor and business coach.
Unlike other healthcare staffing agencies that focus solely on providing quantity.
Nicole focuses on quality, mentioning that nurse entrepreneurs with staffing agencies have an upper hand because they understand the “issues on an intimate level”.
This enables them to provide a higher level of care compared to staffing agencies led by entrepreneurs without healthcare backgrounds.
It is this passion for providing a higher level of patient care that fuels Nicole’s business of coaching other nurse entrepreneurs to launch, grow, and thrive in the healthcare staffing agency.
Benefits of Owning Your Own Healthcare Staffing Agency
If you’re not sure if launching a healthcare staffing agency is right for you, check out these benefits, that Nicole mentions, of owning your own staffing agency:
- Flexibility– Owning and operating your own healthcare staffing agency gives you the flexibility you need to focus your time on what matters most to you.
- Win-Win-Win– Not only is starting a healthcare staffing agency a win for you, but it is a win for nurses who can make more working with you, and hospitals with immediate staffing needs.
There are several other benefits of owning your own healthcare staffing firm, but if your firm does not have the right infrastructure then you are already set up for failure.
Read on to learn more about Nicole’s triangle of success which is composed of three crucial steps of launching a successful healthcare staffing agency.
Nicole’s Success Triangle
According to Nicole, here are the following three components, in order, that make for a successful staffing agency:
- Infrastructure– Before you can hit the ground running you must examine your infrastructure. What is making your business work? Do you have all your legal ducks in a row? What does your business administration look like? Once you have your infrastructure figured out you can start to build up your staffing agency.
- People– Next comes the people. Do you have the right people in place? This includes people internally and externally. If you suspect that you have the wrong people in place they need to be removed.
- Process– Finally comes your process. Your process has the power to dictate your success, so you must structure your process with the future in mind. Are your current business practices making way for sustainable growth? Are you thinking about the future, or the now? Successful staffing agencies plan their process around future growth.
When you are in the process of setting up your healthcare agency it is important to first establish your infrastructure, then make sure you have the right people and place, and finally move on to developing your process.
You will find that if you try and do these out of order your business will be thrown out of balance and eventually crumble. Just like building a home, the infrastructure must come first!
Nichole’s Quick Tips for Success
Throughout our call, Nicole also offered some golden nuggets of success that we’ve compiled into a shortlist to share with you.
- Offer Niche-Specific Staffing
Build your curriculum around niche-focused staffing. When you are niche-focused you can target a particular market and find unprecedented success in offering staffing for niche-specific healthcare roles.
- Mindset Is Everything
When you are a business owner, mindset is everything. You need to have a refined mindset for success to best serve your clients and your team. Hiring a professional mentor like Nicole can help you get in the right mindset for success.
- Plan For the Future
What is your ultimate vision for your organization? What kind of impact do you want your organization to have in the healthcare staffing world? Successful healthcare agencies plan for the future and set themselves for long-term success.
- Take Some Notes
If you don’t know what to do, then look at other successful healthcare staffing agency owners and do what they’re doing! You can always learn a lesson or two from your predecessors.
To get started with Nicole submit an inquiry on her website and apply for her 7-Figure Growth Extensive program. You can also learn more about Nicole and her services by visiting her websites directly at https://launchmystaffingfirm.com/ or https://nicolecaillier.com/
Do you have another great healthcare business idea? Book a FREE discovery call today and learn more about how NursePreneurs can help you turn your dreams into a reality!