Join us on the NursePreneurs podcast where our guest, Stacey Stegenga, a former critical care nurse turned real estate entrepreneur, shares her fascinating journey. Born and raised on a Michigan farm, Stacey’s path took her from joining the US Air Force at 17 to a challenging yet rewarding nursing career, and ultimately, into the world of real estate investing. Faced with the financial pressures of healthcare work and inspired by Scott Trench’s “Set for Life”, Stacey embraced a new financial mindset, delving into house hacking and real estate investments.
What You’ll Learn:
- Stacey talks about her initial career in the US Air Force and her transition to nursing, where she worked in various critical care areas, including ER, trauma, and flight nursing.
- She shares her struggles with the demanding nature of nursing and its impact on her mental health, particularly upon moving to Denver and facing financial hardships.
- Stacey discusses her move into real estate, initially starting with house hacking to reduce living costs and later investing in properties in Tampa, where the real estate market offered more opportunities than Denver.
- She emphasizes the importance of self-education in real estate, learning through books and podcasts, and overcoming the fear associated with financial decisions.
- Through her Instagram account, Stacey aims to inspire and educate others about financial independence and advocates for healthcare reform, particularly mental health support for healthcare professionals.
- Stacey Stegenga: Instagram
- NursePreneurs: Book a Discovery Call
- Jane App: Website
- Use code ‘NURSECEO’ to enjoy a one-month grace period
Listen now at https://on.soundcloud.com/j7Y67