Rebecca Love, MSN, RN, FIEL is the Chief Clinical Officer at IntelyCare and the President of SONSIEL. Rebecca was the first nurse to deliver a TED Talk and is recognized internationally for her ongoing contributions to changing the healthcare landscape by giving nurses a seat at every table where decisions are being made. In this episode, Rebecca joins the show to share how she is changing the nursing world for the better by allowing more nurses to connect with jobs that need them and make a deserved wage while doing so.
Listen in as Rebecca explains why nurses should demand the ability to profit off of what they do as a profession and how to contribute to the redefinition of what nursing looks like. You will learn what you can do as a nurse in a leadership position to help your fellow nurses, the importance of fighting against burnout, and how you can help in the fight for fairer working conditions for all nurses.
Don’t Miss These Highlights:
- How Rebecca got started in her nursing career.
- How to find better solutions for nurses and the patients they help.
- Why nurses should start profiting off of what they do as a profession – and how to make this happen.
- How Rebecca is redefining what nursing looks like to the world.
- Why it is important as nurses in leadership positions to stand up for what’s right.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Nurses have a lot of knowledge to transform healthcare if they were only given a seat at the table.” – Rebecca Love
“You get into nursing because you want to help people. You want to alleviate suffering and you want to make sure that the world is in a better place than it was the day before.” – Rebecca Love
“80% of the time a patient is with a provider, they are with a nurse.” – Rebecca Love
Resources from this episode: