Are you a Nurse Practitioner wondering how to become a successful business owner? Wendy Wiggs is a highly accomplished Nurse Practitioner with extensive experience in various areas of nursing, and she is also the Clinical Director and Owner of PRP Regeneration Specialists, where she specializes in regenerative medicine to help her patients achieve optimal health naturally. In this episode, Wendy shares valuable insights and advice on how she turned her passion for nursing into a thriving business, offering inspiration and guidance for Nurse Practitioners looking to do the same.
In this episode, Wendy shares with us her journey into nursing, how she eventually found her passion for entrepreneurship, and some of the misconceptions that nurses can have when starting a business. We also discuss the challenges she faced when starting her business, how she started with just a vision and a little bit of funding, and how investing in business coaches has helped her to navigate the business world.
Don’t Miss These Highlights:
- How Wendy got into nursing.
- What attracted her to the Nurse Practitioner role.
- The misconceptions that nurses can have when starting a business.
- How Wendy got started doing joint injections.
- How she learned about PRP and started her business.
- How she got started with a vision and a little bit of funding.
- Why she has relied on business coaches in her entrepreneurial career.
- Some of the mistakes Wendy has made along her journey.
- What is next for her.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Every career that I had in nursing helped prepare me for where I am today.” – Wendy Wiggs
“After 25 years of nursing, I just wanted to help my patients more.” – Wendy Wiggs
“Just because you’re a good provider doesn’t mean you’re going to be a good business owner.” – Wendy Wiggs
Resources from this episode: